Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Almost there and a confession

So today was my education class before surgery... which means that I only have one more appointment left for pre op before my surgery. I am really mad at my primary care physician as he sent my surgeon all of my pre op results but he forget to send my letter of medical clearance, and now he is on vacation all week. So I hope he does it first thing Monday morning or my surgery will be pushed back.

I am starting to get really excited, but a little nervous as well. I was happy to hear that I will be staying overnight in the hospital instead of being totally outpatient.

Now onto my confession... Since my first office visit in June, I have managed to gain 10 lbs. I have a feeling that me quitting smoking had a big effect on this but I have also not been doing very well on my pre op diet... so the nurse has decided to put me on a liquid diet. I have to start it on Saturday... I am not a very happy camper regarding it... but I am willing to do what ever it takes.

PS a big thanks to Ronnie... I somehow deleted my blog and she found it for me... LOL YOU ROCK!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that all goes well and the surgery will not get postponed for you. I also want to tell you that the liquid diet is oh so important to shrink your liver!

    Follow it and you will not be sorry that you did. It actually helps to get all the sugar out of your diet, and fats and is really good at preparing you for the weeks after surgery when you will also be on liquids and mushies.

    Let the downward trek for you begin!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained about 10lbs between deciding to have surgery and starting the pre-op diet, I think a lot of people tend to gain weight during this time because of all the last-supper syndrome. Don't worry, it'll be gone in no time. The pre-op diet is really hard, all you can do is your best and I have no doubt that you are going to be a huge success!! Our surgeries are so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete