Sunday, October 23, 2011

YAY for Mushies and Pumpkin Carving!

So Saturday was the first day that I could eat food!!!!!!!

I really wanted eggs for breakfast but I woke up late and had to rush out the door, so I instead had a protein shake! I did however eat egg salad for lunch, and boy it was yummy! For dinner, well that wasn't very healthy as I was getting ready to make some soup for dinner, I noticed my roommate made stuffing for dinner and well... that sounded better. The calories however, were not better but I ate it anyway. Good thing is, I am telling you all about my wonderful mishap with the stuffing, and I also tracked it in my food journal.

Today I made a slow roasted chicken for my roommate for dinner, which worked out quite nicely actually since I took the remaining chicken and made chicken salad for me for dinner. It was really good actually. I decided to use low calorie ranch dressing instead of mayo and I am surprised how good it turned out. I don't know whats wrong with me though. Last week I wasn't hungry at all and I had to force myself to drink my shakes, now on the other hand I feel like I want to eat everything in site. I hope this feeling passes. Still trying to figure out if I am really hungry or if it is just head hunger.

Also today I carved pumpkins with my roommate and her son. It was a lot of fun. I have never done anything like that before, I am not a crafty person. It came out really cool. Here are the pics!



Dont I look Thrilled!

Roomies Pumpkin, Her Sons Pumpkin (He got bored so she did it) and My ghostly creation!


8 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin looks good! You sound like you are doing really, really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be great watching your progress from the start.

    And the pumpkins are awesome. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget that at this time your band really doesn't hold a lot of restriction so as you feel better your hunger will come back. Bandster hell it is called by most. This can be the hardest time but it also is a good time to get used to measuring our portions, taking smaller bites, and chewing. Food is a lot different for me 10-11 months out for sure. You're doing great....enjoy a little stuffing now because you might not get to eat it later. Although I can taste a lot of things bread based items aren't one of them. They are like glue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hunger is coming from your stomach healing from surgery... as Amanda said, it's bandster hell. The hunger won't go away until you get a few fills, sadly.

    Just make sure to keep logging and you should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh the pumpkins are amazing! Great job.
    Also - the feeling that you want to eat everything that's not nailed down is absolutely normal. Hold on it'll get better when you get your first fill. Keep measuring your food. Don't put anything in your mouth unless you've weighed or measured it. Also - if you have to have a 100 cal protein snack (cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese) to get you through do it!
    Also get all your water in 64+ oz per day. You are doing SO great. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Head hunger is awful at first, just work through it!
    LOVE the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're healing - some hunger is normal. As was said above, welcome to bandster hell! You're doing great though - and the pumpkins are awesome.

    ReplyDelete